our office loves the euro. just when we think we can’t survive the world cup drought, this international stage shows up with a football and coldplay to quench our thirst. it has most of the world cup excitement, without the anxiety that is known as team usa.
i allow my employees to watch however many matches they’d like during business hours, provided that i receive cookies and toy story in equal proportions. fair is fair.
some things that i have enjoyed:
- watching taylor twellman commentate in circles, while alexi lalas’ eyes bulge incredulously out of his head.
- cristiano “my hair looks like a ken doll” ronaldo’s peyton manning face.
- no vuvuzelas!
- rooney’s hair plugs putting one in the back of the net.
things that i have not enjoyed:
- employee D saying he’s “riding the portugal wave.” this isn’t team ocean spray, D.
- when my associates have to leave after watching a match at our office. stay! work for me!
- the sound clip that plays everytime espn flashes the euro logo (and also the logo itself). do football flowers sing? is the euro actually being played in fantasia?
- employee M crying out her anglophilic tears when the “motherland” couldn’t bury more PKs than italy. (i mused from the beginning of overtime that if it came down to it, ashley cole would ruin everything… M did not care for my omniscient input, but agreed.)
well, the tourney is almost over, but fear not! we have the mls to get us to september.